Monday 17 April 2017

Lago di Garda

Munich is located just North of the Alps. This means that when the weather is poor I can just jump in the car and just 4 h later I am at the Southern end of Lago di Garda, just outside Verona. As it happens, Marco, a friend from home lives here with his Italian wife and children. At the end of March, I decided to travel into the Italian spring for some cycling. During the second day of my stay, I decided to try the Monte Baldo route, a 125 km circle with nearly 2000 altimeters. I set off at 7 am with no food or coffee and after plenty of climbing crossed the conty border from Verona to Trento. 
 The Monte Baldo road was officially closed but I carried on and it seemed to be OK initially...
 ... but not higher up! I had to push my bike for probably 3 km. 
 Even higher up spring signalled its arrival. 
 After 80 km I descended towards Arco, ate some food and decided to cycle around the whole lake, a 180 km round. Here is Bella Italia at the Northern end of the lake. 
After that food, beer and a leisurely journey back the next day...
HW

No comments:

Post a Comment